Kindergarten – Fifth Grade OR Click here to download and print registration form for Children’s Faith Formation
When: September – May, 9:15 – 10:15 AM in the classrooms
Time/Where: To be determined due to COVID
Alive in Christ by Our Sunday Visitor
Alive in Christ invites children to hear God’s invitation to a personal relationship through his Word, helps them discover and learn the Church’s teaching in precise theological language, and teaches them how to live as Catholic disciples.
Mirrors the Divine Pedagogy
The unique catechetical process in Alive in Christ intentionally mirrors the Divine Pedagogy—forming Catholic identity and leading children and families to:
- understand and live a life of discipleship.
- Reaches Parents and Families
- Involves parents through a variety of resources that help the entire family grow in faith and equip them with the skills necessary to communicate the truths of the faith to their children.
- Supports Catechists and Volunteers
- Provides easy-to-use lesson planning, teaching, and training tools to help catechists, teachers, and volunteers improve their knowledge and catechetical skills and grow in their own relationship with Christ and his Church.
- Features a Unique and Effective Scripture Reflection Process
Students listen for God’s voice speaking personally to them through Sacred Scripture and are invited to respond through reflection and prayer.
Their website, aliveinchrist.osv.com, contains comprehensive online resources for catechists, students, and families that include online lesson planning, additional activities, resources, customizable chapter and unit assessments, and online training.
Student Books present, and effectively implement, the six foundational tasks of catechesis (see National Directory for Catechesis, 131). Activities, features, and questions throughout the text prompt children to relate knowledge of our Catholic faith with their life experience. Each lesson provides practical examples of ways we worship, live, pray, and serve together as Catholics and introduces children to Catholic figures who stand as models of heroic virtue in everyday life.
Our program is enhanced by the following:
Catholic Brain – www.CatholicBrain.com
– a Catholic Faith Formation platform where students, parents, and Catechists have access to over 5000 video lessons, eBooks, interactive games, quizzes and more. Contact Nadine McGrady in the parish office for log in information.
– a pictorial bookmarking of information, crafts, puzzles, games and more for use in the classroom and home by catechists, students and parents. Go to www.Pinterest.com and search St. Therese RE
Check out our Facebook page:St. Therese Children’s Formation to find resources, crafts, publishers, Catholic websites and more.
1. Go to https://mlearn.smp.org
2. Copy/paste the following login information:
* This is a universal login. Please DO NOT change the password!
Anyone who work with children are required to fulfill the following:
• Volunteer Select Background Search
• Participate in the VIRTUS program
–The Diocesan Program for the protection of children and vulnerable adults. The initial commitment: a 3-hour program on protecting our children. A follow-up bulletin each month takes 1-2 minutes to complete. At least one 3-hour session is scheduled here at St. Therese each year. Watch the bulletin and website for dates and times.
• Pathways Diocesan Training Program
– an in-person and soon-to-be online training program for catechists which may be completed during a two-year period. Work may be done individually as well as in groups.